- 5 cups seedless watermelon pulp
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Green ice cream, such as mint, sherbet or green tea flavour
- Puree watermelon and sugar in a food processor until smooth and strain into a medium bowl. Cover and freeze for about 2 hours until puree is slightly slushy.
- Remove from freezer, stir well and add in chocolate chips.
- Place twelve 5-ounce disposable cups in a shallow baking pan and spoon watermelon puree into cups, leaving about a ½ inch left from the rim.
- Place pan in freezer for 2 hours, or until puree is solid, but not rock hard.
- Allow green ice cream to soften a bit, then spread over top of each portion of watermelon puree so that it comes up to the edge of the cup. Smooth ice cream with the back of a spoon and cover each cup with plastic wrap.
- Cut a small slit in the center of each cup and insert a popsicle stick into the middle so that it almost reaches the bottom of the cups.
- Freeze overnight (and can be frozen for up to two days)
- Allow ice pops to sit at room temperature for about a minute, then gently pull out from the cups. Serve and enjoy!