¾ cup of butter or margarine
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup self-raising flour
1 cup baking chocolate
Sweets to decorate (eg jelly sweets, smarties)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C,
- Line a cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Mix together the margarine/butter and sugar untill light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, while still beating. Sift in flour and mix gently.
- Carefully use a spoon to put the mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate the cupcakes, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave at 30 second intervals and decorate as desired.