Israel security forces killed three Palestinian terrorists in a joint operation in the West Bank on Tuesday.
It has been reported the suspects had carried out at least four shooting attacks against troops and West Bank settlers in recent weeks.
Shin Bet said the men were armed when they were killed in a clash with security forces.
No Israelis were harmed in the shooting.
The dead were identified as Ibrahim al-Nablusi, Adham Mabrouk and Mohammed al-Dakhil.
All were members of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade affiliated to Fatah.
Prime Minister Naftali Bennett praised the bravery of security forces.
“The Israel National Counter-Terrorism Unit, the ISA and the IDF, our forces have proven today, once again, that there is no immunity for terrorists,” he said. Whoever harms us will be harmed.”
Defence Minister Benny Gantz also congratulated security forces and said that security had increased in the area.
“We will continue our proactive operations, and we will thwart and catch anyone who tries to harm human life,” he said.
Public Security Minister Omer Bar Lev issued a statement backing IDF troops.
The military said in a statement that a joint operation involving the IDF, police anti-terror units and Shin Bet identified the squad responsible.
The latest attacks attributed to the terrorists happened at the end of last month when a military vehicle came under fire in the West Bank. Troops at a checkpoint near the settlement of Itamar were also targeted. An incident occurred at a military post near Nablus. No injuries were reported.