Warm and welcoming, a slow cooker chock full of chilli is a great addition to any buffet. Get your guests to customise their bowls of chilli by adding bowls of garnishes.
- 1 (3-pound) pot roast
- 2 large red onions, diced
- 3 red peppers, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotles, from canned chipotles
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes for buffet: thinly sliced spring onions, diced tomatoes, tortilla chips, chopped olives, sliced jalapeños
- Preheat slow cooker to high.
- Add pot roast, onions, peppers, garlic, chipotles, cumin, tomatoes and chicken broth. Cover and cook for 6 hours or until pot roast is falling apart.
- Pull pot roast with 2 forks to shred meat into chunks, and add meat back to slow cooker with beans. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 1 hour until beans and sauce are hot.
- Display garnishes in bowls with slow cooker and allow guests to customize their chili.