Hillsborough, Bradford fire and the Chapecoense team plane crash. Football has seen tragedies occur over the years and on Saturday night, another tragedy took place. Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, owner of Leicester City, died in a horrific plane crash with 4 other victims when the helicopter in which they were, crashed in the car park of the King Power Stadium.

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha bought Leicester in 2010 for £39m, cleared their debts and saw the club win promotion to the top flight four years later. They then beat odds of 5,000-1 to claim the Premier League title in 2015-16 in one of the greatest sporting stories of all time.  Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends and Leicester City.

Manchester City returned to the top of the Premier League as Riyad Mahrez’s early goal gave them victory over Tottenham in a scrappy encounter on a Wembley surface scarred by Sunday’s NFL game.  Former Leicester City forward Mahrez, who swept home Raheem Sterling’s sixth-minute cross, dedicated his goal to Foxes owner Srivaddhanaprabha.

It settled a match made more difficult by a pitch still bearing the markings and after-effects of the NFL encounter between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

City deserved the win and could have avoided an anxious finale had David Silva and Sterling taken second-half opportunities, while Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris saved twice from Sergio Aguero.

Tottenham were restricted to limited opportunities but could have rescued a point late on, only for Erik Lamela to waste a golden opportunity in front of an open goal from substitute Dele Alli’s pass.

This result means City go ahead of Liverpool on goal difference with both teams on 26 points from 10 games. But for Spurs, things aren’t going as well.

Missing out on the chance of moving into the top four this week, basically being knocked out the Champions League and manager Mauricio Pochettino being rumoured to become the new Real Madrid manager, Spurs need to up their game if they’re to secure top 4 and, for the first time in 10 years, pick up some silverware.

Ross Barkley’s performance in inspiring Chelsea to a comfortable victory at Burnley is evidence that he is a “complete” player, head coach Maurizio Sarri says.

The England midfielder scored one goal and set up two more as Sarri’s unbeaten side moved second in the Premier League.

Barkley set up the visitors’ 22nd-minute opener, sliding a wonderful through ball for Alvaro Morata to poke past Burnley keeper Joe Hart.

He then scored himself, sending a 25-yard shot into the bottom corner of Hart’s net just before the hour mark.

Five minutes later, he registered his second assist of the match, as he set up Willian, to cut in on to his right foot and curl a shot past Hart into the same corner.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who scored a midweek hat-trick in the Europa League, added a fourth in injury time to seal the win.

Barkley, 24, joined Chelsea from Everton for £15m in January, but barely featured under Antonio Conte, playing just four games.

He has been a player reborn since Sarri arrived in July, earning an England recall and scoring in three consecutive Premier League games, the first Englishman to do so since Frank Lampard in February 2013.

In my opinion, Barkley could be a hugely influential player for Chelsea in helping them win the League title and secure the Europa League this season as with Jorginho and Kante playing very defensively, this allows the Englishman to roam around the pitch creating chances, not having to worry about covering back and therefore is extremely vital for The Blues.

In other results, Crystal Palace captain Luka Milivojevic scored twice from the penalty spot to earn his side a dramatic draw and end Arsenal’s 11-game winning run. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says it is “not too decisive” that the Reds are top of the table after 10 games as victory over Cardiff City ensured their joint-best start to a Premier League season. Finally, Manchester United edged past Everton with a 2-1 win to move to within five points of the Premier League’s top four.

10 games, 0 wins. Now when you tell me that some of those games included playing against the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United and Spurs, its relatively understandable.

But then when you tell me some of those games were against the likes of Brighton, Cardiff and Crystal Palace, I’m shocked.

So come Southampton, I was expecting our first win. But then I realised, Newcastle just aren’t that good.

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez described his side’s goalless draw away to Southampton as a “positive result”, despite the Magpies extending their winless start to the Premier League season.

With 0 shots on target, I think Rafa needs to seriously switch up his tactics and think about whether he wants to be playing Stoke next season on a cold Tuesday night.

In local sports news, Cup favourites, Hendon United Sports, bagged a 16-0 win against Temple Fortune in Cyril Anekstein Cup first round clashes.

Sharpshooter, Rocky Spitzer, notched five goals in a comprehensive victory.

Dovi Fehler and Chaim Korman grabbed hat-tricks, Zack Lewis scored a brace and Mordy Weiler, Avi Korman and Yehuda Korman completed the scoring.

For the Division Two team there was no tougher encounter but Hendon will take some stopping in pursuit of honours.

“It’s not always easy going into a game as heavy favourites but we started with the right attitude and carried that on till the final whistle,” said Hendon manager, Jordan Sapler.

“We played some excellent football with the kind of style we have been working on, centred around quick passing and sharp movement.   The scoreline was well deserved.

“It was a good runout for some of our boys coming back from injury and those who haven’t had a full 90 minutes of action, which should put us in stronger shape in the weeks to come.”

Premier League, Brady Maccabi, picked up their first win of the season but had to come from behind to avoid a cup shock in a 3-2 away triumph at gallant Hertswood Vale.

Marc Rister, Graeme Grossman and Josh Curtis scored for the victors who were behind at half time to the Division Two high flyers.

In a match with many talking points, Maccabi had a goal controversially chalked off and then went behind to a 31st minute penalty after James Millet was hauled down in the box by the Brady keeper.

After disputing the award, Brady’s keeper pulled off a save only for Mandel to slot in the redound.

Brady had a penalty appeal turned down but equalised when the referee overruled his linesman after Graeme Grossman headed home an equaliser on 57 minutes.

Marc Rister finished off a fine move seven minutes later.   Josh Curtis then thumped home for a 3-1 lead on 85 minutes.

Brady allowed the hosts back into the game briefly with a terrific goal in injury time.

“At last we get a win but it wasn’t pretty,” said manager, Joel Nathan.

“Hertswood are a good young team and we wish them well in the league this season.”

Vale manager, Jacob Emanuel commented, “Mandel’s double wasn’t quite enough to cause what would’ve been a huge upset.

“The boys really stepped up and we found ourselves on the front foot throughout the first half.

“We missed a couple of chances that on another day would’ve ended up in the back of the net but Brady could have taken the lead had it not been for a stunning point blank save by stand-in keeper Jack Shulman from a corner kick.

“Finally the pressure told and we took the lead, but Brady grabbed an equaliser then the lead after a Vale player was adjudged to have handled in the box.

“We kept pushing forward and paid the price when we conceded a third.  However, the boys pushed on.  Zach Mandel found Ben, who audaciously lobbed in from 35 yards.

“But it wasn’t to be –  so credit to Brady for taking their chances.

“It was a feisty match and I thought the referee was brilliant.

“To come away from a match against Premier opposition and put in such a solid performance, we are very proud.”

HMH almost blew a three-goal lead before edging past Mill Hill Dons 4-3 in a seven-goal thriller.

Goals from from George Goldberg and Oscar Wagner put HMH into a commanding lead.

The Premier outfit wasted chances before hitting the target again when Adam Abadi struck a third after latching onto a poor back pass.

But Division Two Dons fought back with goals from Adam Bowman and Sam Stead only for Ariel Rahamim to ease HMH concerns of a stunning comeback for a 4-2 lead.

Zack Cohen bagged another for battling Dons but HMH saw out the win.

HMH manager Avi Goldberg commented, “We turned up, turned on but forgot how to put the ball in the back of the net.

“All credit to Mill Hill for not giving up and giving us a real scare.”

Dons manager Brandon Hamme took positives from the encounter.

“We put in a really impressive performance and just came up short,” he said.

“With 18 places separating us, a lot of people were expecting HMH to have no difficulties but we went toe to toe with them.

“There were great performances throughout the team and we were unlucky to not get a fourth goal.

“But full credit HMH, they are a top quality team and played some great stuff.”

Fairlop FC had James Jaconelli and stand-in goalkeeper Ryan Cole to thank before edging past Los Camden B 4-3 on penalties in an all Division One clash.

Jaconelli fired home a last minute spot kick after Adam Goldman was fouled to send the game into a shoot out, Cole then produced the goods with two stops to send his team into the next round.

“We were far from our best today,” admitted Fairlop boss Jake Sanders.

“We haven’t been good for a while but that’s six consecutive victories, which is a good sign but we plugged away and finally got our reward.

“The boys never stopped trying and massive credit Cole who played in goal as our first three goalkeepers were injured.”

Faithfold A scored four first half goals before running out 5-2 winners at FC Team.

The hosts belied being two divisions below the visitors but a David Leiwy hat-trick together with strikes from Yarden Sharifian and Lorian Madanes proved too much.

FC, who had a player sent off late on, netted consolation goals through Conor Perl and David Cohen.

“We had a depleted squad but had a enough to have a comfortable game,” said Faithfold boss Avi Markiewicz.

“We dominated the first half and went in 4-1 ahead, the only downside was FC scoring with their only shot just before the break.

“Getting Leiwy and Eshed Rahav on the ball was key, once they had it the damage was done.

“Sharifian up front was a real handful, strong and powerful, he scored a tidy goal and created a second with a wonderful flick on for Leiwy.

“But in the second half we were far too complacent.

“We invited pressure, FC got another goal in and we weren’t hanging on to the ball well enough for a team two divisions above our opponents.

“FC matched us second half had a man sent off with 10 minutes remaining.

“In reality all the damage was done in the first half but Madanes whipped a beautiful free kick into the top corner to seal the deal five minutes from time.”

Division One pacesetters Redbridge Jewish Care A ran out 3-0 winners with a Nate Kashket hat-trick at Division Two leaders Faithfold B .

After a goalless first half between two in-form teams Kashket tucked away his first goal effortlessly.

Redbridge struck woodwork twice and Dave Green missed clear cut chances before Kashket slotted home a penalty after Green was manhandled to the ground.

Kashket completed the scoring from close range.

“Kashket is on fire at the moment, overall the better team won but if the boys want to win the league and go far in the cups they need perform for the 90 minutes,” said RJC manager Sam Rank, whose team remain unbeaten this season.

“We were not at the races first half, but once they upped the game it was very easy and pleasing for all too see.”

“We matched Redbridge for most of the game despite having first-team regulars missing,” commented Faithfold boss Doron Shooter.

“Had it not been for a few individual errors, I don’t believe they would have scored today so we can be proud of the work that we put in.

“We wish Redbridge the best of luck in the next round.”

North London Raiders thumped North London Galaxy 7-0 in the only derby clash of the round.

A Charlie Kasler hat-trick was the highlight of a one-sided encounter between the Division One outfits.

Aron Gale scored twice, Scott Waisel and Liron Mannie also found the target.

Oakwood B ran out 8-0 winners against Faithfold C at home.

Los Camden A and Oakwood A progressed to the next round with North London Raiders Masters and Scrabble B forfeiting respective clashes.

Cyril Anekstein second round draw.

Los Camden A v. HMH, Hendon United Sports v North London Raiders A, Oakwood B v Jewdinese, Redbridge Jewish Care B v Bayern Mincha, Maccabi London Lions v Scrabble A, Fairlop FC v Brady Maccabi, Redbridge Jewish Care A v Faithfold A, SPEC v Oakwood A.

In league action, Jewdinese moved clear into third place in Division One following a 3-1 victory over Bayern Mincha.

Aaron Goldberg struck twice for the hosts.

Redbridge Jewish Care B defeated SPEC 4-3 in a seven-goal thriller in Division Two.

A Craig Sandford brace together with strikes from Max Aston and Seth Walmer moved the Essex team to within four points of league leaders Faithfold B.

SPEC scorers were Josh Green, Sam Shackleton and an own goal.

“It was a decent game and better team won on the day, no complaints,” said SPEC boss Ricky Lawrence.