· The Jewish people are told to each contribute half a shekel of silver to the Mishkan (Sanctuary).
· Betzalel and Aholiav are placed in charge of the Mishkan’s construction and the Jewish people are once again commanded to keep Shabbat.
· When Moshe does not return from Har Sinai, the Jewish people make a golden calf and worship it.
· Moshe descends from Har Sinai carrying the Luchot (Tablets) which are engraved with the Ten Commandments.
· In shock, Moshe drops the Luchot and breaks them.
· Hashem proposes to destroy the Jewish nation because of this sin of idol worship but Moshe arbitrates on their behalf.
· Hashem listens to Moshes prayers and forgives the Jewish nation, but says the effect of their sin will be felt for many generations.
· Moshe prepares a new set of Luchot and once again ascends Har Sinai where Hashem re-inscribes the new Luchot.