After a terrorist opened fire in multiple streets in Bnei Brak on Tuesday evening, four people were confirmed dead on the scene. The fifth victim was rushed to Beilinson Medical Center in grave condition but tragically succumbed to their wounds a short while later.

The suspected gunman was a 27-year-old Palestinian man from the northern West Bank, Israeli media reported.

Airing on Israeli television, video footage appeared to show the gunman in a black shirt armed with an assault rifle stopping a moving vehicle and shooting the driver. Another showed him chasing a cyclist, with the gun appearing to jam as he tried to fire. The shooter was later neutralized.

Israel Defense Minister Benny Gantz took to Twitter writing that the security forces “will work with all means to return security to Israeli streets and the feeling of security to civilians.”

The Islamist militant group Hamas praised the “heroic operation” and mosques in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip blared with “God is Great” cries celebrating the attack, although no Palestinian terror organization has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.

Prime Minister Naftali Bennett released a statement calling out ‘murderous Arab terrorism’.

“Israel is facing a wave of murderous Arab terrorism. My heart is with the families who have lost their loved ones this evening. I am praying for the recovery of the wounded. The security forces are at work. We will fight terrorism with persistence, diligence and an iron fist. They will not move us from here. We will prevail.”

Telling YWN, Lipa Hirsh who treated the victims said: “We heard the shots at the MDA Wstation and immediately went in the direction of the shots. On Herzl Street we came across a man in his 30s lying unresponsive. He was not breathing, didn’t have a pulse and had suffered gunshot wounds. We performed medical checks and found we had no choice but to pronounce him deceased.

Approximately 100 meters from him, further down the street, we came across a 40-year-old man, lying unresponsive with gunshots to his body. An additional MDA team which arrived to the scene provided him with medical treatment and conveyed him to Beilinson Hospital in critical condition.

With my team, I continued to the scene at Hashneim Street at the corner of Bialik Street where we found 3 victims, 1 in a car and 2 lying on the sidewalk, all unresponsive. We performed medical checks and had no choice but to pronounce them deceased.”