By David Saffer

Brady Maccabi came from behind to defeat Redbridge Jewish Care A 4-2 in a top two clash as the battle for the Premier League title hots up.
Reiss Mogilner, Sam Castle, Charlie Kasler and David Cohen struck the goals for the league leaders.
Nathan Sollosi scored a brace for Redbridge.
“A great win against a very good team,” commented Brady boss Joel Nathan.
“We took an early lead but Redbridge stepped up a gear and finished the half in a deserved lead but we knew we weren’t out of it and after some strong words at half time we were quickly back on level terms. From then on we moved up a gear and scored a cracker before rounding off the win with a goal in the last couple of minutes as Redbridge looked for an equaliser.
“Man of match was Marc Rister who filled in at centre back and didn’t put a foot wrong.”
Nathan was delighted with the win but critical of the officialdom along with Redbridge manager Jon Jacobs.
“The only downer was both teams having a player sent off in my opinion by a poor official,” said Nathan.
“As good as we were in the first half, the referee stopping the game every few minutes killed us in the second half,” said Jacobs. “The referee had zero control on the teams.”
He added, “We should have been out of sight in the first half but Brady hung in and probably shaded the game.”
Hendon United Sports are serious contenders following a fourth consecutive league win.
They moved into second place on goal difference alongside Redbridge after a 3-0 win against North London Raiders A.
Ari Last, Avi Korman and Yoav Kestenbaum scored the Hendon goals.
“It wasn’t the hardest Raiders team we’ve played over the last few seasons which is a shame for the league, but credit to their young side who at times caused us problems,” said joint-manager Greg Corin.
“We dominated the game but should have scored more earlier in the game and that created some unnecessary nervy moments when we should have had the game dead and buried.
“Hendon are definitely moving in the right direction and we have a few more big games this year which if we can get positive results will put us in a great position for the New Year.”
Camden Park dominated much of their clash with Maccabi London Lions White but went down to a 3-0 defeat.
Adam Burchell, Kiki Levin and James Gold scored the Lions goals.
“Man of the match was the Lions keeper,” commented Camden boss Stirling Kay.
“In the first half, he saved three one-on-ones and pulled of umpteen great saves. They got into our penalty box once and scored from a penalty.
“We were superb in the first 45 minutes yet found our selves a goal down.
“Lions were awarded a second penalty 15 minutes into the second half, that 99 times out of 100 would not of been given. They scored which was a big blow because we had continued to dominate the half. Then with 10 minutes to go they scored from a free kick.”
Kay added, “David Kallarchie was injured but volunteered to play in goal to help the team, he only had one save to make in 90 minutes. He’s a top man and a top club man.”
“David Kazan had his best game, how he did not score was purely down to great keeping. Jake Saunders was a massive part in our dominant display and like the rest of team did not deserve to be on the losing side.
“This result badly hurt the boys, they deserved so much more from the game, but goals win games and their keeper was brilliant. We move on.”
Title chasing Faithfold A increased the lead at the top of Division 1 to five points in an 11-goal thriller against North London Raiders B.
Ben Shirbini (4) Zalmi Cohen, Gav Lewis and Amit Dinowitz hit the target for the league leaders in a 7-4 triumph.
“After the mauling in the cup last week, it was essential that we bounced back and we certainly did that,” said player-manager Avi Markiewicz.
“We started the game off well and had chances, but were a goal down in a goalmouth scramble after a long-range set-piece. Soon after we brought the game level and looked the more likely team to go and score, but as is the way of things we didn’t and Raiders did.
“At half-time, I made it clear that nothing less than a convincing win would do and my boys responded.
“We played some really excellent football with most of the joy coming down the wings through David Leiwy and Amit Dinowitz on his debut. We scored three in quick succession to take the score to 4-2.
“The pace of the game slowed and at 6-2 settled a little too much and allowed a couple of silly goals to go in, including a contentious penalty. With things getting a little edgy man-of-the-match Ben (Shirbini) came back on to score his fourth and put the game to bed.”
Ashley Rubin scored a late winner as Redbridge Jewish Care C claimed the shock of the day with a 2-1 win against Scrabble, their first league defeat of the season.
Redbridge led at half time thanks to a Mitch Hahn lob that crept in the top corner.
The goal gave Redbridge confidence but Scrabble rallied and centre back back Ben Cantopher leveled on with a close range header on the hour.
“All teams get these weeks when things just don’t happen as you would hope and expect,” commented Scrabble manager Ray Abrahams.
“We just weren’t on our game today and all credit to Redbridge who clearly wanted it more than us and we got punished with two very soft goals against us.
“We just didn’t perform at anywhere near the level we have been and we are capable of much better and the boys know that. They’ve let themselves and the club down today with this performance.
“We were simply not good enough in many areas and got what we deserved from the game, nothing.
“Next week’s game becomes massive against Faithfold A as we have the opportunity to bounce back from this defeat against the league leaders and I will be looking for an immediate reaction from the players in that game.”
Oakwood B moved into third spot with a 4-1 win at Los Blancos.
Jacob Richler Kleiman (2), Ben Loofe and Sam Modlin scored the goals as the Oakwood’s promotion charge continues.
Simon Moses scored the Blancos goal.
“I’m very happy with that win, our most important of the season,” said Oakwood boss Jason Stein. “I felt we were the better team throughout and really put together our best performance of the season.
“At times it was heated and as usual I was my boisterous self, but wins like this are the reason why you put so much effort into a Sunday league team.
“Now we absolutely must follow it up with wins against L’Equipe and Temple Fortune. If we do, we will be right up there.”
L’Equipe pulled out of the fixture with Redbridge Jewish Care B.
Mill Hill Dons moved two points clear in Division Two following a 4-0 win at Bayern Mincha.
After a cagey opening Adam Isaacs opened the scoring for the Dons, reacting quickest in the box to turn home a Josh Cinna header on 22 minutes.
Isaacs was in the right place shortly after from a Cinna long throw was flicked on by Zach Cohen to tap in at the back post.
The Dons scored early in the second half when Cohen headed home and completed the scoring with a 67th minute strike from a tight angle.
“This was a defining moment in our season not just because we dominated against a title rival or because we now sit top of the league, we showed a defensive maturity that I hadn’t seen from us before,” Dons assistant manager Jamie Nagioff.
“Until now, we hadn’t kept a clean sheet this season, so to shut out the top side and top scorer in the division shows just how good we were defensively.
“Harry Moss, in particular, was immense. Adam Ellis has tormented teams all season, including those in the Premier Division, but Harry ensured Ellis didn’t get a look in today. The rest of the team was also exceptional defensively but Harry totally shut their main threat out the game.”
He added, “We knew we were in with a shout of going top because of our game in hand, but now have the chance to pull five points clear of Bayern if we keep this momentum going over the next few weeks. It’s an exciting time for the club right now.”
Temple Fortune B moved off the foot of the table with a Gab Saul wonder goal and Jordan Jay strike deep into stoppage time for a 2-1 win against Faithfold B.
Sam Garson scored for the home team.
“An absolute howitzer and injury time finish secured the points,” said Fortune co-manager Steven Black.
“If we’re being honest with ourselves, we were absolutely hopeless first half but gave a far better account of ourselves in the second half and are delighted with the outcome.
“November has been a good month for us with two wins, we’re really starting to build some confidence in ourselves and gel as a team. This win was really crucial for the rest of the campaign and everyone can be very proud of themselves.”
He added, “Midfield maestro Jacob Kalms filled in at centre half and put in one of the performances of the season. Jacob won everything in front of him and capped it off with a goal-line clearance and outstanding tackle at the death to rob Faithfold of a certain goal.”
Regarding Saul’s effort, Black said, “Faithfold looked to have cleared a long throw only for the ball to bounce in front of Saul 30 yards from goal and he rocketed a half volley into the corner of the net. The technique was sumptuous.”
As for Jay’s winning goal, he commented, “My word does that lad have an eye for goal.”
Hertswood Vale defeated North London Raiders C 2-1 with a left foot strike by Ariel Weinstein on his debut and Gal Alkalay header from a Josh Cohen cross.
Raiders pulled a goal back with late on.
Fairlop FC won at Real Hendon 5-0 for only a second league victory of the season.
James Jaconelli (2) Bradley Gayer (2) and Daniel Rosen struck the away day goals.
“It’s always wonderful to watch your side win 5-0 away from home and also see your supposed rivals get thumped 4-0,” said Kane Hopps of Fairlop.
“Against a better side we put in a battling performance with Gilad Kestenbaum outstanding in the defence, playing the ball on the floor and dribbling out of tackles with aplomb,” said Rafi Addlestone of Hendon.
“We saw Jordan Alex put in a good shift and a battling debut from Harley Patoff. We now look forward to the return of some big name players for upcoming fixtures.”
Straw Hat Pirates pulled out of their fixture with Catford & Bromley Maccabi.
London Lions Vets (Masters) stunned defending Premier League champions Oakwood A 4-2 in the Peter Morrison Cup second round.
Oakwood led twice through Daniel Seligman only for Joel Berg and Dan Stanton to level the scores.
A Lee Cash strike put Lions ahead before Stanton’s second sealed a last 16-place.
“This was a bad day at the office but the best team won,” said Oakwood manager Daniel Kristall.
“I have no complaints with the scoreline, our squad was stretched missing several key players but Lions used their experience and quality to come through.
“Having taken the lead twice, we didn’t manage the game well enough. We gave away poor set pieces and allowed Lions to play to their strengths.
“The match hinged on a big decision when we led 2-1 with a very poor challenge their manager agreed should have been a straight red card after the game, and a follow up incident, which I don’t think the referee saw, should also have resulted in a red card.
“This didn’t excuse who the better side were but we’d have won comfortably against nine or ten men.”
Kristall added, “We will regroup, recover some missing players and get back to basics. We have big decisions to make ahead of next weeks cup quarter final against North London Raiders A.
“We’re having a wobble we’ll be in contention at the end of the season.”