Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
. Nut free
. Dairy Free
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg to brush
- Strawberry jam/ orange jam/ chocolate/confectionary sugar/sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 180 c
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add the next five ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the dough into four parts. Stretch it on a floured surface about1/2 cm thick and cut out circles with a cup.
- Fill each one with desired filling.
- Put half a teaspoon of desired filling in the centre of the circle.
- Lift the right and the left of the circle and put them together in the middle on top of the jam making a triangle
- Lift the third side to the centre and press it together with the first two to form a hamantachen
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When cool decorate with melted chocolate using a piping bag or dust with confectionary sugar and/or sprinkle with any choice of sprinkles!