We all get a little stressed and angry sometimes. Can you imagine how upset the Jewish people must have felt when they thought Moshe wasn’t going to come down the mountain? A stress ball is a squashy ball squeezed in the hand and manipulated by the fingers, supposedly to relieve stress and muscle tension.Using a stress ball when you’re feeling upset or angry can help you in many ways instead of screaming or behaving in a way you would regret. So go ahead, make your own stress ball and see if it helps you keep cool and calm!
You will need:
- 3 balloons
- 1/2 cup of flour
- A small empty water bottle
- A funnel
- A pencil
- wet wash cloth
- marker pens
- Use a pencil to poke the flour into to bottle.
2. Take one balloon and blow it up as big as you can, then let all the air out. Then blow it up again about half way, and twist it close, not tied in a knot, just twisted.
3. Hold the twisted part of your balloon and put the opening of the balloon over the water bottle. Hold it tight and allow the neck of the balloon to un-twist. You can now start to squish the flour from the bottle into the balloon.
4. Once all the flour is in the balloon, hold the neck of the balloon and very slowly let out the air. (If you do it to fast the flour will fly out as well, making a huge mess.)
5. Take a wet rag and wipe off any flour that make have gotten on the outside of the balloon. You need the balloons to make a seal, and if there is flour on the outside they will not seal together.
6.Set the balloon on the table and cut the neck of the balloon off.
7. Take a 2nd balloon and also cut the neck of that balloon off. Put your fingers inside the opening to make the hole larger and wrap it around the balloon you have with flour on it.
8. Once again wipe off any flour that may have gotten on the outside, and do step 7 again with another balloon.
9. If you want to get even more creative you can embellish it with marker pens, just make sure it’s very dry before your start squishing!